1. Personal DataPersonal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the ‘GDPR’), which come into effect on the 25th May 2018.
2. Data ControllerAndrew Clark-Coates, on behalf of the trustees (hereinafter referred to as “The Mariposa Trust”) is the data controller (contact details below). The trustees decide how the Mariposa Trust collects, processes and uses data, and the Senior Management Team are responsible for each team fulfilling that process.
3. How Do We Process Your Personal Data?We comply with our obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data. We use personal data for the following purposes:
- to reply to any questions asked by contact made through the website (i.e. by the contact form);
- to contact supporters/donors/newletter sign-ups about the work of the charity;
- to administer supporter/fundraiser/donor information;
- to maintain The Mariposa Trust accounts and records;
- to inform you of news and events relevant to the work of the Mariposa Trust;
- To supply literature and resources;
- To provide support and befriending services, plus referrals for counselling or support.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?Obligation as a charity and a company to retain information for the purposes of accounting/legal/statutory requirements
5. Sharing Personal DataYour personal data will be treated as strictly confidential. We will only share your data with third parties with your consent.
5. How long do we keep your data?We keep data for as long as you wish to be retained on one of our databases.
6. Your Right and Your Personal DataUnless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which The Mariposa Trust holds about you;
- The right to request that the Mariposa Trust corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for The Mariposa Trust to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
7. Further ProcessingIf we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
8. Contact DetailsTo exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please, in the first instance, contact Andrew Clark-Coates, Director and Trustee, email@example.com You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113, or via email via https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
The Cookies We UseGoogle Analytics – These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. This data helps us to understand:
- Which pages people visit on the site
- Which internet browsers are being used
- What is popular on the site
- Which interactive tools are used by visitors
Official Charity and Company details
The Mariposa Trust is a charity registered in England and Wales (1151108), is a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (8241785). Registered Office: Netherexe, The Strand, Lympstone, Devon, EX8 5EY, Telephone: 0845 293 8027, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org